Our Braidwood Icon needs your help!
The Old Anglican Hall has a special place in history and especially in the hearts of the Braidwood Community. The Hall and its land belong to the Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn but management has been passed to a volunteer lay commmittee, the Community Management Committee of the Old Anglican Hall.
Built in the 1850s as a school, over 150 years it has been a venue for wedding receptions, wakes, book launches, recitals, dances, meetings, gym and performances.
Thanks to John Barialro MP and Deputy Premier NSW, QPRC and the Stronger Clommunities Fund, the Veolia Mulwarree Trust, and much work from the community, funding for Stage One was raised and work commenced late 2018 - will cost $126,000.
- Demolishing the old one and building an entirely new toilet block
- Upgrades to entry and exits allowing the use of the Hall as an emergency evacuation centre, if needed.
Costing as much if not more than Stage One, will see
- the restoration of the building to Heritage standards:
- gutting and reconstructing the kitchen
- stripping, repairing and repainting the outside walls
- replacing guttering and parts of the roof and
- additional internal work.
How can you donate?
While the Committee continues to seek assistance from grant funding bodies but, because there is a limited field left for us to apply to, donations however larghe or small will pay a major part in helping us to get over the line.
You can donate by following these steps
- Complete the form below to let us know of your intent to donate and provide us with your contact details, we will receive your information via email; if you are successful in sending, an acknowledgement will replace the form on the the page, if you have problems with completing the form, you can email for assistance If the form loads too slow, use this link to get there faster
- You will receive a copy via email; this will include the account details for depositing your donation
- Go to your bank or via internet banking, deposit the amount into the account, using your name as reference
- You will be issued a Receipt.
- Download the Donation Form
- Complete the form, and
- Mail the completed form, together with your payment to the address detailed on the form.
Please complete the form below
For information, enquiries or need to discuss, contact