a destination to stop, shop, eat and stay in the atmosphere of history
churches of Braidwood
Anglican Parish of Braidwood
St Andrews Braidwood, St Stephens Majors Creek,
St Pauls Ballalaba, centres of Araluen and Gundillion
St Andrew's Anglican Church, Braidwood
One of Braidwood's finest buildings, is built of local granite and features some of the first gargoyles used in ecclesiastical buildings in NSW.
The tower completed in the 1890's, affords a fine view of the town and several early photographic records of Braidwood were taken from it.
Inside, magnificent stained glass windows and elaborate plaques commemorate pioneer families, and the fine pipe organ has been restored.
Services: Sundays 9.00 am Wednesdays 11.00 am
Elrington Street, Braidwood NSW 2622
Contact: Anglican Parish of Braidwood
St Stephen's Anglican Church, Majors Creek
St Stephens Church, a popular venue for country weddings and a venue for the Annual Music at the Creek Festival, was completed 1872 and dedicated 6th September 1880, built of hand cut local stone by noted stonemason Peter Rusconi.
The Pews are hand cut cedar and sassafras and the Altar Rail, Reading Desk are cedar. The Pulpit built by Alexander Hicks was originally in the first St Andrews at Braidwood.
The Smith American Reed Organ (1890-1900) is still in use today.
Monthly, first Sunday, 11.00 am (or advised otherwise)
Christmas Day at 7.30 am and
Easter Sunday 7.30 am
Contact: St Stephens Majors Creek